Last Updated May 14, 2012
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, Application, Services, features and content, to administer your use of the Services and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site and Application.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- In the course of using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with, or grant us access to, or permission to obtain, certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you; personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address ("Personal Information").
- You may register to join the Services directly via the Site or Application or by logging into your account with certain third party social networking services (including, but not limited to, Facebook) ("SNS") via our Site or Application. If you choose to register via an SNS, we will extract the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your "real" name, email address, birthday, gender and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) from the account you have with such SNS and use that information to create your account; the information we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS. Other than what we may share with the SNS as described below, the Personal Information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Services. Other services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other services you use.
- If you choose to make a purchase via the Services, we will collect certain financial information from you such as your credit card number and billing address. We will use this information to process and complete your transactions, if any.
- We also collect the other information that you provide in connection with your use of the Services (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), age, GPS location (for users of the Application) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Ptch Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Site, Application and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Ptch newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact Ptch at: . (See "Changing or Deleting Information," below.)
Log Data. When you visit the Services, whether as a registered or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "ptch User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Services, pages of our Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Services, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and Application and for the Site's and Application's technical administration, to increase our Site's and Application's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Site and Application to our visitors' needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Site and Application meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Ptch. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes (collectively, "Promotions") on our Services. If you decide to participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these Promotions is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this information to administer your participation in each Promotion.
Disclosure to Third Parties
User Content. Once you become a registered Ptch User, the general public will be able to view your user profile as well as your comments, likes and any other posts on the Site or Application relating to User Content posted or distributed by other Ptch Users. If you choose to create any User Content via the Services, it will be publicly viewable via the Site and Application, by other Ptch Users and the general public. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site and Application-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processors, web analytics and improvement of the Site's and Application's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site, Application and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Ptch cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Ptch or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Ptch may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All registered users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their account by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you request to terminate your Account, we will retain the Personal Information in case you would like to reactivate your Account in the future. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information in our system, please contact us at with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Protection of Your Information
Ptch is concerned with safeguarding your information. We are not in the business of providing information security. We do employ limited data security measures, such as encryption, on some but not all systems. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site and Application may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by "clicking on" a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site and Application are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at: . If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.